Garuda Trading is delighted to offer contemporary and traditional Tibetan calligraphy and iconography by the unsurpassed Tashi Mannox. His inspirational dharma art is sought after worldwide and it is now available as premium-quality giclée prints.
These outstanding reproductions are printed on mould-made papers (the finest and oldest paper-making technique) of 310-315 g/m². The papers; Velin and Aquarelle 100% rag, are of museum conservation standard. This ensures stability and UV colorfast ink longevity for more than 120 years.
Each image is carefully colour matched and is in sharpness to the original artwork. Where gold and silver leaf has been used on the original artworks, the prints are carefully hand gilded to produce an authentic gold and silver finish. Real gold and silver leaf is used on the finer prints, and on larger areas, Dutch gold and silver is used to a splendid effect.
The prints are hand signed and stamped with the artists personal ‘water tiger’ seal.
Tashi has studied under many accomplished Tibetan Lamas, including receiving artistic guidance from H.E Situ Rinpoche and has drawn on inspiration from the calligraphy works of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche. However, the foundation of Tashi’s training is set by the high standards and clarity of instructions from his root Lama, Akong Tulku Rinpoche.
For seventeen-years he apprenticed under the direction of a master of the Karma Gardri Tibetan art tradition, Sherab Palden Beru, studying the Tibetan language and traditional temple decoration which coincided with the timely building of the Temple at the Samye Ling Tibetan centre in Scotland.
In 1988 as part of Tashi's monastic training he entered a closed four year Buddhist retreat, which also gave a sensitive environment to meticulously copy ancient Tibetan texts, furthering his training as a scribe in the highly disciplined, and multiple forms of Tibetan calligraphy.
In 2000 Tashi Travelled to India, where in Dharamsala he was privileged to study under a master of ancient Sanskrit: Lama Pema Lodrup, These artistic forms of Sanskrit called Lanza and Wartu, are preserved by only a handful of practitioners in the world today.
The giclée prints can be ordered in a choice of three sizes, unless stated otherwise:
1. Large size prints of approximately 67 x 50 cm, this is near to the actual size of the original artworks. 2. Half size at 50 x 36.5 cm 3. Smaller size of approximately 30 x 40 cm. Please be aware that not all prints are available in small size.
Complete list of prints and prices:
All works are Special Limited Edition prints. This means only 100 prints per image in each size will be made available.
“The four Contemplations” sold as a set or individually:
1. “Precious Human Existence” 2. ”Impermanence” 3. “Karma: cause and effect” 4. “Samsara, Cyclic existence”
- Large size set of The Four Contemplations prints of 67x50 cm @ £950 GBP - Large individual prints of The Four Contemplations, of 67x50 cm @ £260 GBP each - Half size set of The Four Contemplations prints of 50x33.5 cm @ £695 GBP - Half size individual prints of The Four Contemplations of 50x33.5 cm @ £195
“Laughing in the Face of Death” series (The five Skull paintings) sold as a set or individually:
1. “Laughing in the face of Anger (black)” 2. “Laughing in the face of Attachment (red)” 3. “Laughing in the face of Pride (yellow)” 4. “Laughing in the face of Jealousy (green)” 5. “Laughing in the face of Stupidity (Blue)”
- Large size set of five Skull prints of 67x50 cm @ £1650 GBP - Large individual Skull prints of 67x50 cm start at £260 each (Laughing in the face of Jealousy @ £495 due to large amount of gilding)
- Half size set of five Skull prints of 50x33.5 cm @ £1350 GBP - Half Size Laughing in the face of Jealousy @ £395 due to large amount of gilding - Half size individual Skull prints of 50x33.5 cm start at £208
- Small size set of five Skull prints of 30x40 cm @ £995 GBP - Small individual Skull prints of 30x40 cm start at £185 each
“Eh Wam sky and water study” - Actual size of 50x61 cm £295. Half size of 50x30.5 cm £235. Small size of 25x30 cm £185.Each print is Dutch Gold gilded by hand.
-Large size of 67x50 cm @ £255. Half size of 50x33.5 cm @ £195
“Like a shadow” -Large size of 67x50 cm @ £255. Half size of 50x33.5 cm @ £195
“The Four Noble Truths” -Large size of 67x50 cm @ £255. Half size of 50x33.5 @ £195 small size of 30x40 cm @ £145
“Green Tara Prayer” -Large size of 61x50 cm @ £230. Half size of 50x30.5 cm @ £170
A new rendition of “Emanate from Emptiness” -Large size of 60 cm x 42 cm @ £230. Half size of 42 cm x 30 cm @ £170
"Seven Line Prayer to Guru Rinpoche" -Large size of 67x50 cm @ £355. Half size of 50 x 37 cm @ £295. Hand gilded in gold leaf.
"Opportunity" -Large size of 67x50 cm @ £300. Half size of 50x37.5 cm @ £230
"Homage to Mahakala" -Large size of 67 x 50 cm @ £335. Half size of 50 x 37.5 cm @ £270. Small size of 35 x 26 cm @ £208.
"The Great Perfection of Aa" -Large size of 67 x 50 cm @ £255. Half size of 50 x 37.5 cm @ £195. Small size of 35 x 26 cm @ £145.
"The Four Immeasurable States" -Large size of 67 x 50 cm @ £255. Half size of 50 x 37.5 cm @ £195.
"The Four Fold Refuge" -Large size of 67 x 50 cm @ £255. Half size of 50 x 37.5 cm @ £195.
"Primordial Purity, Golden World" -Large size of 67 x 50 cm @ £255. Half size of 50 x 37.5 cm @ £195.
"Homage to The Three Jewels" -Large size of 67 x 50 cm @ £360 (hand gilded with gold leaf). Half size of 50 x 37.5 cm @ £195 (not gilded)
"The Four Line Prayer of Right Action" -Large size of 67 x 50 cm @ £255. Half size of 50 x 36.5 cm @ £195
"Lapis Mani Mantra" - 50 x 23 cm @ £318 (gilded). 50 x 23 cm @ £155 (not gilded)
Please emailus directly with your print requirements including your address. The artist will then follow this up with an invoice. Payment can be made via PayPal or if you would prefer to make a direct bank-to-bank transfer, the details can be provided.