- the original mantra was hand written by the 14th Dalai Lama
- Height approx 9 inches (this is the shortest handle available)
- Drum diameter approx 2.5 inches
- Lightweight and easy to use, with silent action.
- Contains 50 Million 'Om Mani Peme Hung' mantras on microfilm, which has been reproduced from the original mantra written by His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama.
- Accurately filled with the earth/sky wheels and life tree mantras according to the instructions of Lama Zopa Rinpoche.
- The outside of the drum displays a golden Om Mani Peme Hung mantra in traditional Tibetan script (applied by hand).
We are now offering the finest natural wood prayer wheels, finished to a standard that is way beyond what is currently available in the marketplace. Each piece is custom made and in our opinion, they are works of art in themselves. They are lovingly made by a husband and wife team from natural woods, and each mantra on the outside of the drum is applied by hand. Our handheld wheels take more than one week to complete. This includes several hours at the lathe, one week of staining and protecting the wood, adding the beautiful artwork, filling the drum with mantras and choosing the right counterweight to help the wheel rotate smoothly.
The drum contains an astonishing quantity of mantras on microfilm. Traditional wheels include mantras that have been wood block printed on paper and therefore the number of mantras inside are limted to thousands. Rolls of paper can often make a wheel bulky and heavy. This wheel contains an incredible 50 Million mantras on microfilm, which greatly increases the merit of each rotation. They are lightweight and spin effortlessly due to the unique inclusion of the highest quality sealed bearings. Your wheel will never need oiling and the bearings will never get damaged. It also means your wheel runs in complete silence, with no distracting noise when you are in the midst of your meditation practice.
A prayer wheel is an investment in your Dharma practice and these wheels will surely be cherished by those who have the good fortune to own one. Over the years the wood will mellow and develop its own unique usage patina. They are truly a very skillful way of accumulating merit in the difficult times we live in..
Important: The wheels have been sealed permanently to give lasting protection to the microfilm. The type of counterbalance may vary between wheels.
The makers of our wheels have had the direct blessing of Garchen Rinpoche, Tsoknyi Rinpoche and Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche to undertake this work.