Sold out! Sorry it is uncertain when more drums will be coming back in stock.
Fine quality Burl Wood (Zab Shing) Chöd drum. Hand crafted for practitioners who are serious about using the most authentic ritual instruments. Crafted from Bhutanese Burl Wood & Bhutanese Cloud Skins.
Diameter approx: 8 to 8.5 inches
weight of drum approx 0.550 kg.
What makes these drums so different from other Chöd damarus in the marketplace?
- All natural burl wood from Bhutan is used and this gives each drum its distinct character and strength. The "wild grain" of burl wood is extremely dense, helping to make it more resistant to splitting.
- Light weight and easy to use.
- Only natural unpainted Bhutanese cloud skins are used. The skins are buried in the ground with copper and other precious substances. This process can take many weeks to complete. As a result of this, the skins turn a beautiful cloudy green and are protected for many years of ritual practice.
- On the inside of the drum accurate mantras are applied, this empowers the drum to be used for ritual practice.
- Each drum has a padded brocade handle which helps give comfortable support when playing for long periods.
- Traditional cowrie shells are hand stitched into the brocade band that wraps around the centre of the drum.
- Includes a high quality brocade drum tail with additional Tibetan style beads.
- Includes a very fine brocade carrying case (felt lined) which helps protect the drum when not in use. The felt lining also helps to absorb moisture.
Each drum is hand made and therefore unique, so please expect variations in the colour and grain of the wood. Each skin is unique and so please expect variations in the colour and the markings shown on the skins. The colour of the brocade damaru tail and carrying case may also vary slightly between drums, however, all are finished to the same high standard and quality of materials.