Original Garuda Incense is a Himalayan incense of the finest quality. Prepared entirely by hand from natural herbs, plant resins and spices. Includes the prized gugul resin and red and white sandalwood.
For those who are unfamiliar with Tibetan or Himalayan incense, it is important to point out that creating a pleasant aroma is not the only reason to burn incense. Tibetan incense is medicine. The effect incense can have on your body, mind and environment are equally important. The first time you burn this incense we encourage you to light a stick and leave the room for 10 minutes. When you return to the room it will allow you to appreciate this incense more fully.
Why should you burn Garuda Incense?
- A traditional Himalayan incense that makes a wonderful offering to the Buddhas, Bodhisattvas and Dharmapalas. Tibetans believe that special herbal incense blends will naturally attract divine beings to bestow their blessings. This is one of the reasons that Himalayan incense often produces more smoke. It is believed that the smoke carries the offering to the Buddhas and also acts as food for many unseen beings. The offering of aromatic substances is thus an important part of any ritual offering.
- Only natural medicinal plant based ingredients are used. This is an incense for those who appreciate the purity of their herbs, spices and resins. Only the finest ingredients are contained in this blend.
- Prepared entirely by hand using traditional methods. These are hand rolled sticks (approx 10 cm in length) that have a slow burn time (approx 45 minutes).
- Purifies the environment from negative influences and creates a serene atmosphere.
- Cleanses the air of unwanted smells and stagnant energy.
- Relaxes the mind, creating the right conditions for an open and spacious meditation session.
- Relieves anxiety, stress and depression. Has a calming effect but leaves you feeling awake and grounded.
- Includes gugul that has long been prized in Tibet and India for its medicinal properties. It is interesting to note that gugul is also related to the Arabian and African Myrrh tree. Gugul is also burnt to ward off negative energies and is perfect for space clearing in much the same way that you would use a smudge stick.
- This herbal formula includes amongst others: red and white sandalwood, gugul, amber resin and green and black cardamom. The smell is natural and earthy and not overpowering like many artificial perfumed incense in the marketplace.
- Tibetan incense is free from bamboo splints and so it is much better for the environment.
- The incense sticks come in a gorgeous hand made lokta paper box. This is screen printed with a Double Vajra design, which can be re-used for storing other items.
approx weight of box = 108 grams
approx 35 to 40 sticks per pack
approx 45 minutes burntime
Hand crafted in Nepal.