We now have a limited supply of these lower priced 'cloud skin' drums in stock. The finishing is not quite as high as the more expensive burlwood 'cloud skin' drums but they are still an excellent alternative to other damarus in the marketplace.
- Created using traditional methods by skilled Himalayan artisans.
- Crafted with darkened Sengdeng (Acacia) wood.
- They have a comfortable weight and are easy to play.
- The skins are buried in the ground with copper and other precious substances. This process can take many weeks to complete. As a result of this, the skins turn a beautiful cloudy green. They are then hand rubbed with butter to produce a natural green paint that ensures the skin colour is more uniform. This process greatly increases the longevity of the skins and empowers them for years of ritual use. It also gives each drum its own unique character.
- On the inside of the drum accurate mantras are applied.
- Each drum has a brocade handle.
- Includes a layered brocade chopen or damaru tail with beads.
- Includes a brocade carrying case which helps protect the drum when not in use.
You will receive: Damaru with tail and Protective Brocade Case
Approx size 5" x 4.5"
Each drum is hand made and therefore unique, so please expect variations in the colour of the skins, colour and grain of the wood and colour of the brocade handle. The brocade damaru tail, beads used on the tail and carrying case may also vary slightly between drums. All are finished to the same quality of materials.