A fine quality traditional human skull damaru with brocade tail and brocade carrying case. The damaru has traditional cloud skins which are tight, and the drum plays well and it has a nice sharp tone to it. The origin of the actual skull cups is Bhutan.
- Created using traditional methods by skilled artisans.
- Crafted with authentic male and female human kapalas.
- Comfortable weight and are easy to play.
- The skins are buried in the ground with copper and other precious substances. This process can take many weeks to complete. As a result of this, the skins turn a beautiful cloudy blue green. This process greatly increases the longevity of the skins and empowers them for years of ritual use. It also gives each drum its own unique character.
- On the inside of the drum accurate mantras are applied.
- Each drum has a brocade handle.
- Includes a brocade chopen or damaru tail.
- Includes a brocade carrying case which helps protect the drum when not in use.
You will receive:
Damaru with tail and Protective Brocade Case
Approx size 5" x 4.5"